Cornwall Works with Families
What is Cornwall Works with Families?
Cornwall Works with Families is funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) to provide support, training and jobs for families across Cornwall. It’s designed to help people with issues around family, learning and work.
What is the European Social Fund?
The European Social Fund (ESF) has been set up to address differences in the standard of living across EU Member States and regions. In England, the ESF is investing in jobs and skills – focusing on people who need support and helping them fulfil their potential.
What sort of issues does the programme help with?
The programme supports customers to deal with family issues, build confidence and skills and find employment. Each customer is appointed a Keyworker to help them choose from a wide range of support tailored to individual needs and interests. The programme is designed to help customers overcome barriers and regain control of their situation.
- Family – parenting skills and advice, support to deal with health issues and social housing problems, help with addiction, managing money and debt advice.
- Learning – gain knowledge, skills and build confidence through a variety of activities, for example volunteering, skills workshops and work experience. We’ll support you throughout to make sure you reach your goals.
- Work – job search techniques, CV and application forms, interview preparation, work experience, work tasters, Skills for the Workplace programme, advice on choosing job options or starting your own business and access to employers who are recruiting.
How does it work?
Cornwall Works with Families is part time and tailored to customer needs. The Keyworker identifies the best support for the customer and maintains weekly contact for the duration of the programme. They make sure that any learning provided is interesting and fun and that each member of the family on the programme is supported according to their individual needs.
If an individual or a member of their family receive one of the following benefits, then they may be eligible for the ESF Cornwall Works with Families programme:
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Incapacity Benefit
- Income Support
- Careers Allowance
- Severe Disability Allowance
To enrol on the programme, or for further information, customers are advised to call the Cornwall Works with Families hub line on 01872 355015.